Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions of use of the webpages or website you are visiting (“our site”). Please read them carefully because they form a legal agreement between you and us in relation to access and use of our site.
1. Who we are
We are C-Sonke Trading cc, t/a C-Sonke Investments, a close corporation company registered in South Africa under company registration number 2007/199991/23 with our registered office address at 20 Aliwal Street, 1st Floor, Forum Building, BLOEMFONTEIN, 9300, Republic of South Africa (“we”, or “us”, or “our”). We have other trading addresses. If you would like details of our trading addresses, please contact us.
- What these terms are about
These terms apply to your use of our site. By accessing our site you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to them you should not access our site.
The most current version of these terms is dated above but we may change them from time to time without giving you notice, so please try to read these terms every time you visit our site. By accessing our site after changes are made to these terms you agree to the revised terms.
- Using our site
We are pleased to provide our site to you for use but you must use our site in an acceptable way. It is impossible to provide an exhaustive list of exactly what constitutes acceptable and unacceptable use of our site. In general, we will not tolerate any use of our site which damages or is likely to damage our reputation, the availability or integrity of our site or which causes us or threatens to cause us to incur any legal, tax or regulatory liability.
We want to make our site a safe and rewarding experience, so we have set out more detail on acceptable and unacceptable use below.
As you might expect, you may only use our site for lawful purposes. For example, you must not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to send any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of unsolicited communication (spam); or
- to transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains any harmful programs, such as viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or time-bombs.
You also agree not to:
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site; or
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt our site, or any related equipment, network or software.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site. If we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site.
If we do decide to monitor or moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should you need to do so.
Our interactive services are not intended for use by children. Parents and guardians should not permit their children to use our interactive services, as these are only intended for use by businesses.
If you use our interactive services, you will also need to understand and comply with our content standards.
If you contribute material to our site, you agree that any material you contribute will:
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations;
- be factually accurate and/or will represent your genuinely held belief or opinion;
- not be defamatory, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; and
- not infringe confidentiality, or any copyright or intellectual property rights of another person.
You also agree that we can use any content you contribute to our site whenever and wherever we think appropriate.
Our suspension and termination rights
The terms set out in this section 3 are intended to protect us, our site and its users, so a failure to comply with this section constitutes a serious breach of these terms. If we believe you have breached this section 3, we may do any or all of the following (as well as any other action we feel is appropriate):
- issue a warning to you and ask you to take certain steps to rectify your behaviour.
- suspend your right to access our site, either temporarily or permanently.
- take legal action against you, including to recover any loss we have suffered due to your actions.
- disclose information to law enforcement authorities.
- Other things you need to know about our site
We take steps to ensure that all information we provide on our site about our products and services is correct and complete at the time of the last update to the relevant page but we do not promise that it will be correct and complete. The content on our site is provided for general information only and does not amount to advice on which you should rely. We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely.
We may display details of related third party products or services on our site, such as those of C-Sonke Investments associates. We take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the details provided but we do not endorse any third party products or services and you use them at your own risk. Where any third party product or service is certified by C-Sonke Investments or something similar, we will explain the context of that certification to help you make an informed decision about use of that product or service. Third party products and services remain the responsibility of the relevant third party and we will not be liable for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of your use of them.
Use of our site is free and we take steps to ensure it is available to all permitted users. From time to time we may restrict access to some or all parts of our site. We will try to ensure that our site is reasonably available to you but we have to be realistic and so we do not promise that our site will be continuously available. We also do not promise that your use of our site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that our site and server will be free from attack (e.g. from viruses). We recommend that you use your own appropriate virus checking software.
- Links to/from our site
You are allowed to establish links to our site as long as you obtain our written consent in advance (see above for how to contact us). We reserve the right to withdraw our consent at any time. Links must only be made to the home page of our site and you are not allowed (and you shall not assist others) to set up links from your own site to our site by deep-linking, framing or otherwise, without our prior written consent. We may withhold our consent if we wish. If we do so, we will try to explain our reasons to you.
Our site includes links that allow you to leave our site and visit third party websites. We have no control over those sites, so we are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party sites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.
- Intellectual property rights
The design and content of our site, and the material published on it, is protected by copyright and is owned by our group parent company C-Sonke Trading cc and its licensors ©2016-2017. All rights are reserved. We or our licensors retain the exclusive right to authorise or prohibit the direct or indirect, temporary or permanent reproduction of our site by any means and in any form, in whole or in part, and to make our site available to the public, and to distribute any copyright protected material in our site (including without limit, any online software or courses). You agree not to copy, adapt or create any derivative work from any material on our site, or to restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of our site by anyone else.
We own various trademarks and registered trademarks (the “marks”), a list of which can be obtained from us. You may not use those marks, and/or any third party trademarks that appear on our site, other than as permitted by express written licence from the licensor or by law. In particular, but without limit, you may not use the marks as meta-tags and you may not sponsor them in search engines. All goodwill in your legitimate use of the marks shall accrue to C-Sonke Trading cc. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any infringement of the marks.
We or our licensors own all other intellectual property rights in our site.
We may grant you express permissions relating to use of material on our site from time to time but except where we do so, nothing in these terms or on our site confers any licence or right to use any material on our site without the prior written approval of the owner, whether that is us or our licensors.
- What happens if things don’t go as planned?
We will always try to ensure our site and the material on it meets the standards we have promised and that you can use our site as intended in relation to your business. However, because of the nature of our site and the wide range of information, products and services we provide, sometimes things may go wrong. If we are at fault, we will always try to resolve any problems we have caused, but unfortunately we will not compensate you for any loss or damage you might suffer (of any nature and however caused) in connection with:
- our site; or
- your use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any sites linked to it and any materials posted on it; or
- the use of (or any inability to use) any interactive service on our site, whether the service is moderated or not.
Of course, this does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or our liability for fraud (including fraudulent misrepresentation) in the unlikely event that this should happen, or any other liability which we are not allowed to limit or exclude by law.
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your personal information
If a court or other competent authority rules that any of these terms are void or unenforceable in whole or part, the other terms and the remainder of the void or unenforceable term will still be valid.
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury due to our negligence or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a consumer, your statutory legal rights are not affected by these terms.
If we fail to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided by these terms or by law that does not mean we give up those or any other rights or remedies. We reserve the right to exercise those rights or remedies in the future.
These terms and the use of our site and its content shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with South African laws. We and you agree that the South African courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claims or proceedings relating to these terms or their subject matter.
- Need to get in touch?
If you would like to contact us about our site or any of the material on it, please visit www.c-sonke.co.za for full details of how to contact us or another member of our Group of companies.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.