Introduction: IEMAS – Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Based on various challenges besetting most public sector institutions, especially local government, C-Sonke identified a need for full automation of supply chain management processes for municipalities and municipal entities in South Africa. This need was addressed in a form of a solution called IEMAS – Supply Chain Management (SCM).
IEMAS-SCM is not a financial or accounting system, but a process flow and compliance management system that serves as an integrated solution to ensure a complete, compliant and auditable end to end supply chain management processes. IEMAS-SCM can integrate with your municipality’s or municipal entity’s current financial system for optimal results.
IEMAS – SCM was fully custom developed in South Africa, by young entrepreneurs and it is a wholly black owned product.
Overview of IEMAS-SCM
IEMAS – SCM includes an interactive database of suppliers and a full circle process system that manages all various Supply Chan Management processes from the initiation of a procurement process up to disposal management, with unlimited reporting capabilities for any activity within the procurement cycle.
IEMAS – SCM is fully compliant with the framework for procurement in terms of:
- Part 1 of Chapter 11 of Municipal Finance Management Act 56 of 2003, (MFMA),
- the Municipal Supply Chain Management Regulations of 2005,
- Preferential Procurement Regulations, 2011,
- mSCOA Regulations of 2014 and
- The revised BBBEE Codes of Good Practices that came into effect on 1 May 2015.
Key functionalities of IEMAS – SCM:
- Electronic authorisation functionality.
- Secure access, anywhere.
- Automatic de-activation of suppliers / service providers whose compliance documentation has expired e.g. Tax Clearance and CIPC.
- Compilation and management of Supply Chain Management registers
- Unlimited reporting capabilities: customised according to the client’s requirements.
- Encrypted data security.
- Integrated Procurement Plan Framework
- Management of the Deviation process.
- Inventory Management
- Built-in secretarial support function for bid committees processes, including compiling agendas, minutes and report.
Key features of IEMAS – SCM:
- Flawless, single integrated database.
- Fully configurable process flow based on the uniqueness of the organisational structure.
- Reduction of Procurement timeframes.
- Role based user privileges
- Automatic back-ups.
- Built-in preventative controls.
- Less paperwork.
- Built-in link to the National Treasury website for verification of restricted suppliers.
- Possible integration with the financial system
If you would like to know more about IEMAS or if you would like to arrange for a live demonstration of IEMAS at your institution, please contact us.